Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hangin' with my Peeps


I like to sit on the porch to shell lima beans so I can just throw the shells into the flower beds to compost. The chickens investigated the shells and quickly decided they were not edible. When I offered them the small or buggy beans though, they gobbled them up. It didn't take friendly Violet long to join me on the swing (me, me...pick ME!). Of course I can't play favorites and each got their turn, although gentleman Rudy gave most of his to one or another of his girls. After awhile Violet did try to snitch limas from the colander, but after I nudged her head away a couple of times, she caught on that she had to wait her turn. Meanwhile, sneaky Sadie who is pecking at the bag of unshelled beans, managed to pull it off the swing, causing a chorus of squawks- and one human version of a squawk.

No comments: